Thursday 21 August 2008

Tigger is still in da house!

A lot has happened since my last post. I went back up to Nottingham to finish FIL's front room, so that was me absent Friday - Tuesday. K came with me and we had a great time.

On the Thursday before we left we all went to college to collect D's A-level Maths result. My 16 year old boy got a Grade B! Despite getting an E in one module! Is he satisfied? Is he heck! He wants a Grade A. To be fair all the universities he'd like to go to want an A so he really should try again on a couple of modules.

Today we went into Portsmouth to pick up D and K's GCSE results. D got a Grade D in Geography. He's a bit disappointed but didn't really like the subject so is not too upset. Hopefully college won't hold it against him - bet there aren't many students doing 3/4 A-levels with only 3 A* - C GCSEs. K got a Grade C in Biology. She was quite upset as she was hoping for a B. So she is planning to resit over the next year. If she wants to do A-level Biology she needs the B.

All in all not a bad haul for them. K has proved she CAN cope with exam pressures and do a sterling effort into the bargain - something I didn't think would happen this side of college.

Looks like Home Education hasn't done them any harm.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.