Monday 17 November 2008

Germs everywhere

Three days after the South Run I started feeling a bit peaky. By the following Sunday evening my throat was dry, my nose was sniffly, but otherwise I felt reasonably ok. Monday was a repeat. Monday evening I looked in the mirror - and found that someone had decided to drizzle white stuff all over my tonsils!!!!! The rest of the week was spent on antibiotics, whilst the viral side of the cold got worse. I had to cancel a Girls Night Out because it was taking all my effort to stay awake and civilised.

Last week I started to improve. This week the coughing has almost stopped, which is more than I can say for D who has been full of germs for just as long. K has had similar symptoms to me but hers have been around for a few days longer and are taking a little longer to go away.

Even now one side of my throat feels bruised when I swallow - no yasty white stuff now. Tonight my nose has started filling up again. Round 2 or continuation of the last 3 weeks?

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.