Friday 12 December 2008

The Lofty Ideals of Youth

My two have never been fame-obsessed, preferring to be in the crowd than stand out from it. D, however, has always fancied the idea of coming up with an accurate (note, not perfect) way of predicting earthquakes and/or volcanic eruptions. This would probably make him famous amongst geologists and people whose lives are regularly affected by such things, but his name wouldn't be on the lips of all and sundry. Today he was talking about coming up with a safe, alternative fuel to hydrocarbons (oil and coal to the rest of us).

K, who normally shuns the limelight even more than her brother, has decided it would be cool (her word) to discover a cure for a disease and has decided to work really hard at college and earn a place at Oxbridge.

Either something will happen to shatter their dreams or I have given birth to two future Nobel Prize winners. And then I'll be famous too. (EEK!)

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Ooh pretty dress Lisa!!

Anaya said...

Thanks Hannah. I don't do dresses as a rule but since wearing that one I keep finding myself eyeing them up in shop windows. Andrew says it's only taken me 20 years! lol.

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.