Monday 23 August 2010

Crazy days

Did you miss me?  I've been away for a couple of weeks.  There's plenty to tell.

K turned 17 and is ready to start driving lessons - gulp!

Exam results have been mixed.  More on these as and when I get more information as to why.

Father in law has been offered a flat in a sheltered housing complex.  As he lives 200 miles away and cannot pack for himself, I'll be clocking up frequent driver miles lending a controlling helping hand.  Any tips for keeping my sanity in amongst all the mayhem will be gratefully received.

Because of this, I am giving up on my temp job with the NHS.  As things stand in the medical world at the moment it is impossible to be physically in two places at once (don't get me started on mentally), so I can't be driving off to sort out FIL and be at my desk.  So the desk has to go (shame).  At least until the beginning of October.  After that will depend on how he settles.  He knows and loves the area so it should go smoothly.  But his health isn't good and will only get worse.  I've never imagined myself as a carer so this could get very interesting very quickly.  So if you see me out and about and I look haggard you'll know why.

1 comment:

Doxie said...

Of course we missed you!

Congrats to K. If you still want my instructor's number just let me know.

Good luck with FIL.

See you soon I hope :o)

Doxie xxx

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.