Saturday 9 May 2009

I have a job!!!!!

And I didn't need to attend an interview to get it. I've been trying to find paid employment since October last year. I've had 4 interviews and no success, out of upwards of 50 applications. Now I have one. Like I said, no interview, no competition for the coveted role, no set hours, no office politics and all the holidays I want. Sounds good, eh?!

What am I doing, I hear you ask. Well, last week I went out with friend A to a Pampered Chef party. Now I've been a fan of their Stoneware for a year or two, so I took the plunge and signed up to be a Kitchen Consultant. My kit arrives on Monday (my first official day) and my first party is on Wednesday, held here at Dark Corner Towers (those of you who know me know where that is). D is hosting it and I get to practice my patter and cooking skills.

I'm keeping away from the rings, wreaths and plaits for a while - need to get them sorted out before I let them loose on an unsuspecting public - but am game to try anything else. The rest of the household are salivating at the thoughts of having to 'road test' my efforts - it's a hard life they lead.

So, if there is anyone out there who is interested in Pampered Chef, wants to come to my party on Wednesday, wants a party of their own, or fancies being their own boss, get in touch. I'll be more than happy to see you.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.