Saturday 30 January 2010

Busy, busy, busy

On Wednesday I had a Pampered Chef party - I love that stuff.  We all had a good time, with Chicken Tikka Masala cooked in the Deep Covered Baker .

On Thursday and Friday I worked all day, stuffing envelopes with 'heads-up' leaflets for the business's training seminars, and making various folders to be given out to the attendees.  None of it was particularly hard.  I spent most of both days in a world of my own, putting finishing touches to Plan J from the last post.  The distance learning aspect for AAT Levels 3 & 4 is looking very good.  I can work as fast or as slow as I like, the only fixed dates are the exams (June & December).  I'm also going to apply for a job advertised at Portsmouth University, helping to admin/organise business conferences/events there.  The pay is excellent (to me) but the only sticking point is they want you to have experience in a busy office environment.  I'll apply and see how it goes. 

If that goes pear-shaped, which I fully expect, then I shall be setting up a database of local (10 mile radius for a start) accounting firms.  Once I've revamped my CV and designed the killer covering letter I'll be sending them out to all these unsuspecting businesses, asking for a training position in return for a low wage, and if nothing's available please remember me when there is.  Ten out of ten for a proactive approach; unfortunately I expect hundreds of others have thought of it.  But nothing ventured, nothing gained, eh?

Next week is looking busy.  College on Monday, nothing on Tuesday (yet), working the following 3 mornings till 1pm at a different place to this week.  However this week's place may want some more help next week so I've told them when I'm available, so I could be charging between 2 different jobs each day.  I'm not turning it down because it's all more pennies in the bank. 

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.