Monday 25 January 2010

Plans

OK so I must be at about Plan J for the future by now.  My 'butterfly' brain looks for new solutions if the current plan doesn't instantly yield the intended result.  This is something I need to work on.

All the previous plans 'failed' because none of the jobs I've applied for in the past 12 months, quite a few, haven't even offered me an interview.  Yes, the economy is in the sewer, but for someone who's previously got the first job she applied for this is a whole new game.  I need to learn patience and understand that it's not the fault of the plan; the plan just needs time to come to fruition.

I still want to be an accountant, I still want to continue studying for the AAT qualifications.  But I'm BORED!!!!  College is creeping along at a very slow pace and we're not allowed to go on ahead as then we'd be too far ahead of the others, so we have to twiddle our thumbs waiting for them to finish that chapter.  I've tried patience, really I have, but I am just fed up.  Part of me would like to quit but then I couldn't get on to the next level so I've got to tough it out.  My frustration isn't helped by more NVQ portfolio work which, although it isn't related to accounts, is required to pass this level.  This time I have to provide evidence of what I do at work - I'm allowed to use what I do for the Home Ed group - and how I manage my time, how I cope with deadlines, etc, etc, etc.  Oh and the best one is The Advantages/Disadvantages of Teamwork.  Me, I prefer to be left alone to get on with it, only occassionally conferring with anyone else.  Hardly the stuff of positive teamwork, eh?!  So you have been warned.  The next few weeks will probably see the most amazing outbursts of temper this side of your average 2 year old.

I'm already pretty much decided (hence Plan J) to change to a distance learning provider for the next year's Level 3 course.  This is subject to being allowed to race ahead when the going is easy AND that the NVQ stuff in that is covered by all that I have done/will do for this year.


No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.