Tuesday 6 April 2010

A quick update

Cos there's not really much happening.  The kids are on Easter Break from college.  I'm still slaving away.  Hubby is too. 

These last two are quite important as we have seen a really nice kitchen.  It's not on his our list of things to do this year, but I live in hope.  I've been living in hope for 12 years.  And, strangely enough, we saw it in IKEA.  Now, we don't do IKEA.  We had a look round one some years ago and were unimpressed with what was on offer (and the price they wanted for it too).  Yesterday we were wandering round Southampton when hubby decided that it might be nice to see if they're still as bad, given that EVERYONE thinks they're fantastic/must have.  So now we are of the opinion that they do have some nice stuff at a reasonable price but some of their stock is still 'not us'.

I did see a nice dining table - £159 and can sit up to 10 people - but the chairs are extra (£35 each).  I reckon I can get away with just 6.  Our current dining table, which we've had for less than 10 years, has warped and the knots are becoming proud.  Also it doesn't clip together very well, both adding and removing the extender leaf.  And it's too big really.  It didn't look that big when we bought it.

Oh and yes we did buy something in IKEA, a new loo roll holder to replace one that broke off.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.