Friday 27 February 2009

Amateur commentators

Or how to wind up the wife!

A knows I like to watch the cricket. Or to be more precise I like to have the TV on when England are playing whilst I do things like iron, dust, or mess around on my laptop. I can very rarely just watch TV, I'm weird like that.

Recently he has decided to copy my father and try to outdo the commentators, saying out loud his opinion on every ball. And, like my father, he still hasn't learnt that it's not appreciated by us women-folk. Yes, you fellas are entitled to your opinions but no, we women do NOT want to hear them. We have been watching the game from the start and are much more likely to have a grasp of what's going on than you do. You wouldn't really want us to return the favour when it's your favourite sport, would you?

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.