Friday 27 February 2009

He's not a natural

D spent all Wednesday morning getting more and more agitated about his driving lesson. So by the time 1pm rolled round he was a bit of a wreck. Two hours later he and the instructor, and the car, were back in one piece with no bumps or scrapes. He'd managed to get the hang of changing gear and steering but tended to go to pieces when turning at junctions - thank goodness for dual controls. He was not entirely sure whether he wanted another lesson but we booked one. Now that a couple of days have passed he's quite pleased with what he could do and feels ready to tackle the next stage. He definitely doesn't take after his parents, as we took to it like a duck to water.

So anyone in our area should avoid us between 9 - 11am on Wednesday. You have been warned.

Strangely enough my insurance company were quite happy to insure D to drive my Merc (E240 estate) for only an extra £480 till November, with £800 excess. This is scary as the day before my 25th birthday I couldn't get insurance to drive A's Granada Scorpio, even though I'd been driving for nearly 7 years. Needless to say we will NOT be letting D near my Merc as it is automatic (and the size of a tank).

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.