Sunday 1 March 2009

New addition to the household

No, not a puppy. Hands up all those who thought that's what I meant.

Today A & I bought a new car. Now, by new I don't mean brand new 09 plate. It's new for us and relatively new compared to our current ones. Hopefully on Friday I will take the Merc and trade it in for a Ford Focus 05 plate in Aquarius blue with 38,000 on the clock. I took it for a spin today and it is very nice. It's been years since I have driven a manual car but this one feels good and I didn't 'kangaroo' it once - unlike when I drive A's and have a lot of clutch issues in low gears.

We went looking for either a Fiesta or a Fusion but the deal was right for this one so there we are. It is the same make as the one D has his lessons in but ours is a 1.4 LX. It is quite responsive to the accelerator, not taking much effort to hit 55mph.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.