Saturday 7 February 2009

Playing Catch Up - again

The snow has been and gone - for now. We are all getting back to normal. Most of the downstairs of the house is fur free - it's amazing how much he shed. The running routine is coming back and the weight-loss is progressing slowly.

D has decided that being home educated for the past 4.5 years has given him the edge over his classmates at college, as he is used to finding things our for himself and not waiting for the teacher to come along and help him solve his problems. Now I just have to hope he continues this at university.

K has a bit of a sniffle and a lot of attitude today. She reckons she didn't sleep well last night so I've told her to get her light out earlier tonight.

A is also sniffly, and feeling quite sore this evening. He came out for a run with me this afternoon and now his knees and back are letting him know they exist!

I have a serious urge to spring-clean - no I'm not pregnant! This has caused a few aches in the neck and shoulders but my osteopath friend is on the case.

We were supposed to be going to Nottingham this weekend. However the snow that has fallen between here and there has put this off for a couple of weeks or so. It's a shame really as we adults were hoping that it would be just the two of us. The kids are getting to that age where they don't always want to do what we do and we think they are ready to be left overnight (having been babysitting for themselves for at least a couple of years now).

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.