Saturday 13 February 2010

A fairly quiet half-term (or at least for part of it)

I'm down to one child till next Saturday (20th).  K has gone skiing with Explorers.  They left last night and will arrive in resort - Bad Kleinkircheim - some time around now (5pm).  I have my fingers very crossed that she manages to stay upright at all times and I don't get an emergency trip to Salzburg.  K is dyslexic and dyspraxic so the chance of her misinterpreting an instruction or just plain falling over her own shadow are reasonably high.  However you have to let go sometime, and the scout leaders are all fully aware of her uniqueness, so I'm doing my best not to worry.  No doubt she'll have a blast.

I'm taking D up to Nottingham this week.  We're going to visit family and have a big family lunch on Wednesday.  Why?  Well D turns 18 next Saturday (20th).  OMG where did the time go!!!!!!  In the blink of an eye my little boy went from this

 

to this



He doesn't want a party so we're giving him some money to go out with some of his friends.  I am getting OLD!

2 comments:

Doxie said...

Happy Birthday to D for the 20th.

Anonymous said...

AND STILL JUST AS CUTE:)) Belated happy birthday D, hope you had a blast! x
Lunar

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.