Saturday 18 October 2008

Lots to tell you

It's been a while - again. Sorry, life keeps getting in the way.

D is a happy soul. College is definitely suiting him. He has now decided that he may like to do a degree in Geology and/or Chemistry rather than Maths and Computing as he his having so much fun in the science lessons. He's nursing a strained joint where his right-hand pinky finger joins the hand - basketball injury. Hopefully it'll be better by next weekend.

K has been in need of attitude re-alignment this week. All that typical teenage angst has been flying around, and I'm the one on the receiving end. Well she got her re-alignment on Thursday and it seemed to work, but today she decided that my 'no food in your bedroom till it is tidy to my standard' rule could be forgotten. So I removed all PC/PS2/Wii/TV privileges. Guess who is now making in-roads into that tip she calls her personal space (trade descriptions act could be used there)? Voluntarily too! Edited to add, she's just taken the hoover upstairs!!!!!

A is fighting off yet another cold. This must be the third in 2 months. He's been working longer hours so we are wondering whether it is down to the air-con system at work. Lots of people there are sniffly and coughy. His car is now working again, touch wood, fingers crossed, etc. But we are still looking to change it in for something smaller. Then he will have my car for work and I will have a tiny runabout.

I am crocked - again! My running was doing really well and I found a new burst of stamina. Then the achilles and plantar fascia in my left ankle/foot decided they weren't happy and I'm back to walking. The physio I saw last week has suggested that the Great South Run might be too much for me but I'm doing it. Sponsorship is inching ever-closer to the £1000 mark.

I didn't get the part-time admin job at a local Sure Start centre. Part of me is disappointed but part of me is ok with it. After a lot of thinking I've decided that basic office work would be boring. I enjoy a bit of variety and would prefer to be really interested in what the place I work at does. Anyway, yesterday I found a job in a Traffic Management Office. The blurb on the job website suggests it is like I used to do many years ago as a despatch clerk/typist but with more general admin as well. I'd really like to apply for it but the downside is it's full-time. A is pretty sure that jumping straight back into full-time work after 17 years off might be too much. K isn't ecstatic about being left to fend for herself each weekday but says she'll get used to it and be fine. So what do I do?

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.