Saturday 25 October 2008

They're letting blind people drive!

That's the only conclusion I can come to for how someone can totally miss a silver Mercedes E-Class estate and drive into it. We were coming round Segensworth roundabout, a large but well-marked and signed effort near to our house. A was driving, I was in the front passenger seat and K was sat behind her Dad (and nearest to the impact point).

The muppet decided that, instead of following the wonderful markings, he would stick like glue to the inside lane of the roundabout before launching across 3 lanes to the exit he wanted, which was one before ours. We were in the correct lane for the exit we wanted, and it would have been the correct lane for muppet too if he'd been in it.




He hit us on the rear driver's-side wing and bumper, giving us a bit of a dent and some scraping in dark red/maroon. Part of me is quite smug about the fact that the entire front bumper of his car has fallen off and goodness know what that has done to the rest of the chassis. I'm also quite glad we have a Merc and not a small car because things might not have gone so well for us then.

K was ok at the scene but is developing whiplash. I've given her the icepack and painkillers/anti-inflammatories. She's going away tomorrow, sailing with sea scouts, till Friday. A & I are fine although our tempers are a little frazzled. The car will be repaired within two weeks by the insurance company appointed repair shop. I will get a courtesy car, which I expect to be some poxy 2 door Ford Ka or equivalent and of little use to me whatsoever.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.