Thursday 12 June 2008

One down, one to go

My little boy, D, sat his last GCSE this afternoon. He's now technically finished compulsory education, though the official finishing date for Yr 11s is 30th June.

I've already warned him that although he has no studying to do, he needn't think he's lying in bed till lunchtime or playing on the computer all day. I'd like to be kept in chocolate brownies and muffins, he can help in the garden and do chores, oh and he can keep dipping into the relevant A-level books on the shelf in the dining room. And if he can find himself paid employment he's excused all of the above.

Evil? Moi?

If you asked D how he thought the Home Education had gone for the past 4 years and whether it was worth it, you'd get a resounding yes! He's a happy soul and ready to face whatever the world throws at him. Tomorrow he's going to Explorers (Sea Scouts for older kids) and is planning, subject to him earning the money, some sailing holidays in the next 12 months - without parents.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.