Sunday 29 June 2008

What we did on our holiday - part 2

Before we discovered the aforementioned urban jungle we spent the day at Skegness, taking MIL with us for a day out (MIL and FIL are not together). It was a lovely day and, once again, my kids proved why whisking them off somewhere exotic is a waste of time. All they want is a sandy beach, then they create their own fun.





This was taken at just after 4.30, and it was still pleasant. MIL and I were sat out of that bracing breeze that Skeg is famous for. A pity we didn't take the kites really.


We also got D on a rollercoaster. He's worse than me for not wanting to get on one so we were somewhat shocked when he agreed. A had only asked him in fun.




We bought the kids wristbands for the funfair and they certainly had their money's worth out of them. The dodgems were the favourite. I think each child notched up at least a dozen drives.
Foods is also cheap in Skegness. A double-coned whippy ice cream with a flake cost £1. Five hot meals and drinks came to under £25. All of these were bought right next to the beach.
All in all a good day. The kids are already planning next year's East Coast invasion.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.