Monday 7 December 2009

Making friends, or my reputation precedes me

Last Monday saw the first exam of my AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) course.  It was a 4 hour paper.  I finished it in about 2, and that was including a quick tea break to give the brain a rest.  Gemma (afternoon tutor) wondered why I was loitering outside the classroom at lunchtime - I was talking to a fellow student - and then asked if I'd finished.  I gave her my best 'Roger Moore' eyebrow and said "You really have to ask that?"

Today was the second paper (Unit 4), a 3 or 4 hour paper.  I cracked it (I think, I hope) in an hour flat.  Jim (morning tutor) asked me what took me so long.  The rest of the class raised eyebrows/smiled/said enjoy the rest of the day.

Before leaving Jim wanted to go through last week's paper.  He said he got sick of writing the same comment next to each question (good job, sort of thing) so left them blank.  I managed to get 2 answers wrong on the legal/technical questions in the back but that was about it.  We haven't officially been taught that stuff yet so I'm not concerned.  Hopefully I'll find out in the next few days if I've made any howlers today.

I've always been quick with exams, with one or two notable exceptions (like when I make a huge horlicks of it).  

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.