Sunday 13 December 2009

Some real money for Christmas

You remember my blog from the other day, about a day's work from my temp agency?  Needless to say it didn't run quite as smoothly as I was expecting.

I arrived for my hour's training on Thursday afternoon only to find that they were expecting somebody who had been there before and had an idea of who was who there.  It would probably be too stressful for someone to work that out whilst getting used to the brand new switchboard that was 'going live' on Friday.  I wholeheartedly agreed, so it was decided that I would sit there for the hour and man the reception whilst the lady who was doing that, from the same agency, got the training AND the work for Friday.  Ah well, you win some and you lose some.  At least I got some money for my effort.

Anyway the following morning I staggered out of bed about 9am - I am such a lazy mare.  I was munching on some toast and knocking back my first pint of tea of the day when my mobile rang.  It was the agency.  There was a day's envelope stuffing on offer as the original temp just hadn't turned up and hadn't called in.  I was there and at my large table by 10am and, apart from making myself some tea and taking time out for lunch and potty breaks, I was there till 5.30pm.  Still, £7 an hour to collate 4 bundles of paper, put them in an envelope, seal it and add the address label is not to be sneezed at.  Rumour has it there may be another day there this coming week, doing something similar.  Needless to say I'm interested, despite my shoulders having only just stopped aching.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.