Sunday 11 May 2008

Ah well!

I suppose it was too much to hope that my polymorphic light eruption rash would stay gone for the whole year. I thought it might be making an appearance but my skin can be lumpy and bumpy anyway, so I was hoping that's all it was. Alas, this morning's run in wall-to-wall blue skies and hot sunshine has pushed me over the edge.

Now I have to hope that the patch-testing next month (unless the NHS decides to move it again) shows what it is in sunscreen that makes my face react. I don't get much reaction on the rest of me, except when it dries out after an hour or so and makes me itch. My face goes red, itchy, hot, and feels puffy, and if it gets near my eyes they start to run.

When you are doing exercise you absent-mindedly rub your face with your hands so I can't just use any on my hands. Anyway, who wants to have to bath themselves in suncream just to hang the washing out! I think I'll have to search for UV-reflective gloves.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.