Thursday 15 May 2008

Exam season

Today was the first of the exams for my two. D was well-prepared for it, having scored 92%+ in all his practice papers. He came out of it quite unfazed. He said he found a couple of bits slightly difficult but once he'd worked out what it was asking him it was easy enough.

He resat his C1 module from AS maths. He sat it the first time in January 07 and got a C. This was his first AS paper and he didn't do much revision. Yes I nagged but got nowhere so left him to sink or swim. By his standards he sank. Since then he has revised well for each module and done plenty of practice papers.

He needs a grade A overall (AS + A2) to do a Maths and Computing degree. Fingers crossed he does as well as expected in C4 and S1 in the next few weeks. He should, as he is getting 90%+ in practice.

Tomorrow is the dreaded English IGCSE. I'm expecting D to get a B or C. I think K will probably get an E. She can always resit - she is a year younger than her brother so there is no rush and no panic.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.