Tuesday 25 August 2009

Am a student again

I've enrolled on a college course, one full day a week. I'll be doing AAT Level 2 - the first level of an Accountancy qualification. I started it 15 years ago but, due to moving to a different part of the country, never got round to completing it. Of course, it's now too late and I have to start from scratch. It won't be an issue though as I need to refresh, especially as everyone seems to be computerised these days and some of the rules/laws have changed.

So I'll be off to college on Monday 14th September for a whole day - bet I'll be a bit tired that evening - with my briefcase loaded with paper and pencilcase, and my laptop just incase I need to do some serious writing. I just can't write fast enough to keep up with my brain, and besides if handwriting was a guide to future career prospects I'd be a senior consultant doctor person. Seriously, no one can read my writing unless I make a conscious effort. Should be fun.

I'm hoping this will increase my employability, and also hoping that some business somewhere will set me on and pay for the next 2 years.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.