Monday 31 August 2009

Clever child - part 3

Now it's K's turn.

We spent a chaotic day last Thursday running around Hampshire, rounding up results from 2 different exam centres. Normally this wouldn't have been a problem but, as you'll read in the next post, I had other things that I really needed to be doing.

First to Portsmouth to meet a friend outside a private school that allowed our Home Education group to enter Maths GCSE private candidates. Friend went in to collect the envelopes whilst those of us who'd made the trek waited nervously outside. Not sure who was worse, us mums or the kids. Good news!!! K got an A!!

Then off to Hilsea to another friend to get a haircut - am now sporting a quite short 'do'. No more hair in food - other than what falls out naturally while I am cooking.

Then we called in at Cosham Tesco to grab sandwiches and drinks from the chiller - not the best form of nourishment but it's not something we make a habit of. Then into their Krispy Kreme outlet for some donuts to take home.

Then calling near home to drop D off so he could go to Iceland and get some frozen chicken for tea, and he walked home from there.

Then it was off to Southampton, right in the centre, to fetch K's ICGSE Chemistry results - IGCSE is international GCSE, a little harder than GCSE and a 'no coursework' option. This was the make-or-break result. Her college courses depended on her getting a C or better. So our nerves were stretched near to breaking point.

AND SHE DID IT, SHE GOT HER C!!!!!!! K was leaping around, squeaking, and nearly in tears of relief. I was numb, also with relief. Remember, I was marking her mocks and I could see how she struggled to remember the facts. I was not convinced she would get the grade. Once again she proved me wrong (she got a C in English last year when I predicted an E). She has been gracious enough NOT to rub my nose in it.


So tomorrow we are off to her chosen college to present her grades and confirm her courses for the coming year.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.