Tuesday 25 August 2009

Sometimes 'progress' isn't always good

We have a gas barbecue. We've had it for a few years now. It was a good price - end of season, shop display model, slight ding in the metalwork, etc. A liked the idea that we could get food on it within 10 minutes of making the decision to light it. And I admit, that was what attracted me to it so, against my desire to 'keep it real', I agreed we'd buy it.

The downsides are - the food doesn't taste the same as a good old-fashioned charcoal, light it at least 40 minutes before you want to cook on it one; I don't feel confident about connecting the gas bottle to the grill. This last one is quite important don't you think, especially in light of my recent run of 'accidents'. I have NO IDEA how it should be done and don't trust myself to do it right.

Today is a gorgeous day and, knowing the weather in this wonderful country of ours, I'd like to fire it up and get some serious carbon in my diet LOL!!! Think I might have to send D into the garage and see if we still have any of those dinky disposable ones. Them I am comfortable with; there's a nice Freudian thought, someone who is happy with open flame but not at all comfortable with a gas bottle. Might just go and make some potato wedges to go with it.

Cya later.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.