Saturday 8 August 2009

You know you're running your own business when....

..... you're packing for your holiday and the first thing you do is make sure you have packed all your business paperwork needs for the week.

I mean, I used to laugh cynically at all those news reports of big (or those who think they are big) business men lying round the pool with their BlackBerry or i-phone permanently on, keeping in contact with the office back home. And yet, within 3 months of launching myself on an unsuspecting public I am doing a less extravagant version of the same thing.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week I have launched a website - sorry the rules state I may NOT link to it from my blog, nor may I advertise it in the public domain (talk about limiting your ability to make contacts) - sorted through my customer contacts and entered them on to a database, used said database to send business e-mails, will be using said database to print address labels off for those customers whose e-mail addresses I don't have, started planning a fundraiser for a local charity (more info later), helped open a bank account for another group (for whom I am Treasurer), laid out the Aims of said group on paper, and now just have to type up the Rules for a sub-group of this group. All this over and above the usual mundanity of laundry, cleaning, tidying, shopping, etc.

If you really want my business website address, contact me by e-mail. G'wan, you know you want to.


No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.