Sunday 11 July 2010

Take me to Vegas!

Last night hubby and I, accompanied by 4 friends, went to a Charity Ball.  My friend, and ex-Pampered Chef boss, Debbie Casey is raising funds for Women for Women and last night was the finale in her fundraising efforts so that she can go on a bike ride through China to raise money for and awareness of this charity's work.  If you would like to donate, click here.

Back to last night.  The food was very nice.  I discovered I like melon, the yellow-skinned green flesh variety, and creme brulee.  During the evening there was a 'spot prize'.  One chair in the whole room had the W4W logo tacked under the seat.  Me, me, me!!!!  For that I 'won' a bottle of pink fizz.  That'll go down nice at my birthday next month.  During the meal Debbie's girls were doing a tombola.  They had a bag of home-made tickets, carefully sealed, and some had prizes.  We had 3 tickets and won a bottle of pineapple Malibu and £30 of vouchers for a Mediterranean restaurant.  The latter will go down nicely on our week's holiday next month.  We weren't quite so lucky in the auction.  The bidding for 4 tickets to watch Hampshire v Durham AND a signed Hampshire CC shirt went beyond our limit, so we didn't win anything there.  Then the raffle was drawn.  I had my eye on the 'Finger Buffet for 25 people' as it would come in very handy for said birthday.  Unfortunately it was not to be.  Instead I won a one night stay in an Executive Suite at the Hamble Retreat, 2 miles from home.  Very nice, indeed.

Fortunately that was it; it was beginning to get embarrassing.  There must have been 100 people there, many of whom left with no prizes at all.  And then there was us with a bagful.  But it would have been just as much fun if we'd won nothing at all.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.