Saturday 24 July 2010

Who am I and what have I done with my real self?

For many years I have had little interest in my feminine side.  Hair has had to be functional - wash, a quick blast with the hair dryer, brush, and go - and clothing has had to be comfortable - and stuff the 'fashion' of the season.  So it is with some shock and excitement that I find myself becoming more interested in the clothes side.  The hair still has to fit those criteria so I am going to get my hair cut shorter and have some highlights put in.

Clothes, however, are beginning to intrigue me.  Today I even caught myself looking at skirts and dresses.  Earlier in the week I was contemplating shaving my legs for the VERY FIRST TIME!!  I haven't plucked up the courage yet but I think I might have to if I'm going to wear more feminine attire.  I've got the shaver; my armpits get a short back and sides every so often.  This is increasing as I have a new shaver that doesn't pinch and nick.  I also have had a re-fit at M&S - and I hope the upcoming exercise and weight loss regime takes a bit off the cup size.

I've been told what colours are good for me, and they certainly seem to work for me.  These are the summer colours - fuchsia pink, purple, teal, and things like that.  I have to avoid earthy tones, including orange and terracotta.

Maybe it's a midlife crisis.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.