Tuesday 20 July 2010

What I did today

I went clothes shopping with Ros.  The original spec was to find a 'business' top to go with my black jacket and trousers.  We eventually (read several shops later) found some nice tops but realised that the jacket's cut and style just wasn't 'me'.  Coincidentally in that same shop there were some lovely purple short coats which, although outside what I was looking to pay, was absolutely perfect.  We ummed and ahhed over lunch then went back and bought it, along with 3 nice workwear t-shirts for £12.  Then we decided to look for a simple business-style white blouse.  Do you know how hard it is to find one?!  We drew a blank.

Ros told me she thought I was 'summer' colours and after trying some of them on today, I have to agree.  These are nice bright pinks, purples, certain reds and blues and a little bit of black.  I'm to avoid orange tones.

Also, what is it with the sizing of clothes.  In Bon Marche I needed size 16, which was one heck of an ego boost.  In Peacocks I would have needed a size 20!!  Tell me girls, which place would you rather shop in?  Right, the one that allows you to wear the smaller size.  So I shan't be going to Peacocks again in a hurry.

2 comments:

Doxie said...

"Noooooo! Don't do it"...Stuff the sizing, it's just a label...You're much too young to be dressed by Bon Marche!!!!!! Peacocks is much more 'youthful'

Anonymous said...

For casuals, maybe. For what I was looking for yesterday, nope.

A girl needs all the ego-boost she can get, so being told your a 16 is nice - especially when there is a little bit of room in said 16. Have recently had a measure and fitting at M & S and being surprised and shocked in the process.

Lisa

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.