Wednesday 12 March 2008

After the Lord Mayor's Show

On Tuesday evenings at least one member of the family bowls in a league. The last two times I took part I did really well, getting 200 one week and 190 the next week. My average is mid-130s or thereabouts so, as you can imagine, I was over the moon.

Last night I went to the bowling alley ready to do something like that again. Silly me! Normal service was resumed with a vengeance. I was lucky to get above 100 in each game. (sigh!) In my defence my brain was spinning and I couldn't settle and get into 'game mode'. It was either thinking about the coursework marathon today or the fact that I ate a large helping of toffee cheesecake and was on a sugar high. And I'm supposed to be on a diet too.

Our team lost spectacularly but it wasn't all my fault. The other team members had a bit of a stinker in the first game, then only fired intermittently for the other two games.

Think that was one night to forget.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.