Monday 10 March 2008

No Major Damage

So far so good. There's no major damage here from the wind. By bedtime last night the wind and rain were starting up. Between them they managed to wake me up frequently during the night - did I tell you I get grouchy if I don't get my 8 hours sleep? - and then just as A was in the bathroom getting ready for work the power went off - and on, and off, and on. He decided not to risk shaving just in case it went off for longer. I found it quite funny to think of him at work with half a smooth face and half a fuzzy face.

I went over to Lymington to see B. Fortunately the trees on my route decided to stay in place so I arrived in one piece with nerves intact. My hands were a bit achy from gripping the wheel though. B and I had lunch, or rather I ate while she had coffee, and put the world to rights. We wandered round the supermarket, had more drink, and made our ways home.

The wind is beginning to get up again so I expect I'll be in for another disturbed night. Don't you feel sorry for all those people I have to meet tomorrow ;-) ?

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.