Sunday 9 March 2008

Looks like I'll need a hat

My little brother's getting married. His girlfriend proposed to him on 29th Feb, by sending a bunch of roses to his office - with a card in asking him to marry her! Ten out of ten for a sweeping romantic gesture. I got proposed to outside a jewellers - jealous?! me?! They've been together for 9 years now and have 2 children.

My brother always said he was never getting married and never having kids. I can't remember if he also said he was never leaving home either. So brother dear I shan't be asking you to pick my lottery numbers.

I told my two this morning. K said "Oh great! I get to have a new dress. I don't have to wear high heels, do I?" I assured her that heels were optional. Then I told D that he'd need something nice to wear. "A nice pair of jeans will do," he said. "Err, actually I was thinking more along the lines of a suit, shirt, tie, proper shoes, you know?" There was the sound of wimpering from under the duvet - the lazy child was still in bed - followed by a "But Mum!". "D, you are 16 now. You have to dress more grown up. You are NOT going to your Uncle's wedding in jeans and a t-shirt." My son adores Umbro sports trousers and would happily go in those. I can forsee an interesting few months ahead.

I'd like to wish them both the best. Welcome to the Mad House, Sarah.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.