Wednesday 26 March 2008

Life goes on

Have I really not posted since Saturday?! Must be all that chocolate addling my brain.

Nothing much has happened since then. I have threatened to spring-clean the bedroom over the upcoming 'Easter' break (stupid idea to give us a long weekend, two weeks back then two weeks off) and have suggested A might like to put up the wallpaper we chose for in there over 5 years ago!

I've lectured the kids on the fact that pocket money/allowance is not a right. The chores that they are given to do have to be done properly - the FIRST time - in order to merit reward. If they wish to keep their current income levels they need to apply themselves to household tasks willingly, promptly, correctly, and preferably without nagging. Yeah, right! They're teenagers. Methinks a few weeks of being unable to fund activities might concentrate their minds a little, though K's only real expense is her phone and she can make £10 credit last her 2 - 3 months. We will see.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.