Friday 21 March 2008

Mummy Kudos

I am riding the wave of love being showered on me by my family. The reason for their undying - at least for the next hour - devotion? I spent the afternoon in the kitchen turning cooking chocolate into wonderful food.

I made a standard Victoria sponge, filled with chocolate butter icing and topped with chocolate icing. There's now half of it left. We have yet to properly taste the Double Chocolate Hot Cross Buns, though ours are triple chocolate. I got the recipe from the latest Sainsbury magazine - the one with the yummy chocolate cake on the front. We don't like currants/raisins/sultanas so the shop-bought ones are no good to us. I'll let you know in the next few days how good these are.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.