Wednesday 12 March 2008

Over to you

To encourage more comments - I like to see them and it shows me that people are actually reading my blog - I'm asking you all to tell me all about the famous people you have met. As in gotten close enough to speak to. I can't offer a prize for this particular audience participation post, but you never know in the future.






This is mine. OK you can stop having hysterics at the hair, it was a long time ago. The man in question is Jason Connery who played Robin Hood in the TV series in the mid/late 80s. Very nice man, happy to have his photo taken.

I would have had another one this time of me with Bon Jovi but the one and only opportunity to get my hands on the gorgeous Jon was scuppered by some morons making death threats. This caused all backstage passes to be declared void. I was somewhat upset, as you can imagine. Again this was back in the 80s.

About 5 years ago A and I were in London for a few days R & R without the kids. We were walking through Leicester Square in the driving rain when we bumped, quite literally, into Maurice Green the US 100m sprinter - think he's retired now. This was in the August a few days before the big Crystal Palace Grand Prix when he was going head to head against Dwain Chambers - in the days before we knew that Dwain's performances were chemically enhanced. Dwain beat him just as we told Maurice he would.

So dear readers, who have you met? Over to you.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.