Wednesday 23 April 2008

I must be mad

During today's jaunt with my friends Ann mentioned that she is raising a team to do the Great South Run in October. This is to raise funds for her youngest child's school. It's a special school, and it has just had all it's outdoor play equipment condemned.

The Great South Run is 10 miles! I can't even run 10 feet without puffing. This is going to be interesting. I'll be touting for sponsorship nearer the time. My first 'race' will probably be The Race for Life in July - a mere 5km.roughly 3 miles. Look on the bright side, I now have the necessary motivation to get fit, and as K has also said she wants to do both events she will get fit too.

All I need are some volunteers to have oxygen/alcohol waiting for me at the finish line. Wonder who I can pressgang into that?

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.