Monday 28 April 2008

It's true - an apology

Those of you who know me well know that I'm a listless sort. I'm a couch potato where possible and am always feeling tired. The GP is always telling me that taking more exercise and losing a couple of stones will fix it. How on earth are you supposed to get more active when your get up and go got up and went years ago?

In the last week I have made a concerted effort to try harder. I've been on walks with K, as Scooby is not up to them any more, and we have the Wii Fit which I do every day for at least 20 minutes. Today I feel so alive and bursting with energy. I've paid for my entry into the Great South Run and at the moment I feel that I'll be able to run it all - 10 miles!

So it's true, exercise can make you feel less tired. To all the GPs over the years who have told me to get off my backside I apolgise. It seems you do know what you are talking about after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crumbs, if that's true,what will you do after the marathon?!?!! Run til there's nothing left of you?
Heh, heh, good luck you nutcase, if I can manouver my bathchair over that way, I'll be there to lob soaked sponges at you ;)))

Anaya said...

Probably the odd half-marathon and plenty of 5k and 10k races.

Sponges welcomed as long as they are soaked in alcohol!

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.