Tuesday 15 April 2008

'Normal' Service being resumed

My parents came down to visit on Saturday and went home this morning. Hence my lag of blogging. My Dad needs something to do - he's not one for sitting down - so we started a project in the garden.

A & I have been planning this for a while. We used to have a shed in the top right corner of the garden. Unfortunately this shed rotted away in places, and plants made inroads through its walls in others, so it had to go. A & D had a wonderful time with hammers and saws one afternoon 3+ years ago dismantling it and loading the detritus into a skip. They left behind the base mainly as a weed suppressant till we could decide what to do with it.

Eventually A & I settled on turning it into a raised herb bed. Unfortunately that patch doesn't get enough direct sunlight to make a good place for herbs, particularly the Mediterranean types that we love to use in the kitchen. So we're making a two tier border to link the top border with the right-hand border. The herbs will go into the top border once I've got it cleared - for me, read my friend Jan, with James and Neal.

There will be photos once I've got them uploaded - too tired right now and bits of me ache that I didn't know existed. I've been lifting slabs, breaking slabs with a hammer and bolster chisel, edging the lawn, shovelling sand, and dodging the rain.

It'll look great once it's done

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.