Tuesday 15 April 2008

Green fingers!

Early last week K & I, or rather K with a little supervision from me, planted some seeds - Livingston daisies, trailing lobelia, sunflowers, snapdragons and lavender. The sunflowers poked through on Saturday. Over the weekend the others showed signs of life and by today we have plenty of each. Lavender is notoriously hard to grow from seed so the fact that we have 8 seedlings through, with a few more potential ones to follow, is great!

This weekend D planted his hanging tomatoes. These seem to be low maintenance compared to standard ones - no pricking out, negligible chance of the slugs getting to them, good crops - apart from needing regular watering. I hope I'll be making lots of tomato puree come August.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

You've been tagged Lisa.

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.