Wednesday 30 April 2008

Woo Hoo!

According to my GP I'm normal! That's a first, I've never been normal in my life - and who would want to be. I'm not diabetic, my liver & kidneys are doing their job, my cholesterol is 4.77, and my blood count is normal. My thyroid is 9, normal is between 7 and 20, so it's a little low but nothing to worry about yet. My mum has hypothyroidism and her sister has Hashimoto's thyroiditis, so both are on thyroxine. My GP said it would be a good idea to be tested again in the future.

My manky toes are fungal - like you need to spend years at uni to work that out. So I have a prescription for lamisil tablets, which can cause the feeling of butterflies in the stomach. The chemist is out of stock but should have some in later today.

I now have NO excuses left to get out of the Great South Run or the London Marathon (if I get through the entry ballot in October).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just goes to show you should never trust a GP!

Anaya said...

This one's ok. He'll talk the business with you, rather than dismissing you off-hand.

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.