Thursday 10 April 2008

Catching Up

I've been a bit busy of late, sorry.

The strange creature in the previous post is a bee-fly! Thanks to my friend Z for the information.

K found her key! This is a major miracle as normally once she's lost something it stays lost forever. She was so relieved she was in tears.

Scooby is still wobbly but still happy, apart from being on 'house arrest' on vets orders.

D is spending most of his holidays at Games Workshop. He's a happy bunny now we've bought his posh shoes and shirts ready for his interview next week and work in July.

A is working too hard and is a bit grumpy. The grumpiness is how I know. Sometimes I wish the 'experts' who decide the timescales for projects could see the effects their idiocy has on the worker bees.

I've lost some more weight! In January I weighed 13st 12lbs. Now it's 13st 5lbs, a whole half a stone. I've just started walking a bit more. K & I have decided that a good walk in a morning is a great way to start the day. Coming back to a glass of ice cold orange juice is even better.

After some negotiations - okay, disagreements and re-thinking - we're finally going to sort out the top corner of the garden where the old shed used to be. I did want a raised herb bed but A & I couldn't agree on the height or the building material. So instead we're going to use log-roll to make a square-ish bed that links the top and right borders. Plus most of the herbs I want to grow prefer plenty of sun and the top corner doesn't get as much as the top border so I may re-arrange them. I've always fancied growing my own medicinal/culinary herbs. Watch this space.

No comments:

Random mutterings on whatever takes my fancy. I used to Home Educate but my little angels are at college now so I'm 'redundant'. I'm just writing about everyday stuff. It's mainly light-hearted but sometimes serious. No offence is ever intended.